Give it Twice Trust - Helping Children and Charity
You may be looking for a way to provide your children with income while making a gift to Chapman University. The Give it Twice Trust is a popular option that allows you to transfer your IRA at death to a term of years unitrust. The unitrust will pay income to your family for a number of years and then distribute the balance to charity.
Flowchart: Donor designates a unitrust as the beneficiary of an IRA. When donor passes away, the IRA funds are distributed to the unitrust and the unitrust makes payments to children for a number of years. At the end of the trust term, the remainder passes to Chapman University.
Benefits of a Give it Twice Trust
- Full value of IRA invested to produce income.
- Payments made to children for a term of years.
- Estate tax deduction and savings for your gift.
- Supports the mission of Chapman University.
How this Plan Meets Your Goals
The Give it Twice Trust helps you meet your goals:
- Save on income and estate taxes.
- Treat your children equally.
- Give children time to learn money management and philanthropy.